Dual Diagnosis at Women’s Sober Living in Boston
Aiding Women with Detailed & Compassionate Services
Here at Safe Landing, we never attempt to treat addiction as an isolated disease but rather as a manifestation of internal and external devastation. Our support modalities, and we have many, are aimed at restoration and rehabilitation. While most programs focus on substance abuse as if it occurs in a vacuum, we, at Safe Landing, believe that substance abuse is a symptom of some larger, some deeper dysfunction which we aim to support every step of the way. Our clients all have what is called, in the field, “co-occurring disorders,” which means that they struggle not only with substance abuse but also with depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, borderline personality disorder, and a whole host of other diagnoses that can complicate recovery if left untreated or unrecognized.
A client at Safe Landing can expect to receive the following one on one treatments:
- Initial psychological assessment: a full assessment aimed at uncovering the history of the problem, the mental health issues that fuel a client’s addiction, her psychosocial stressors, any medical issues that make sobriety a challenge, past treatments, and levels of success or failure, etc. The initial assessment aims to give a client accurate diagnoses out of which rises a clear and quantifiable support plan with goals truly tailored to the client and where she is in her recovery.
- Substance abuse psychoeducation
- Case management: Designed to meet client’s needs for health insurance, disability and housing after Safe Landing. The Case Manager also oversees the client’s therapies to ensure that goals are being met and/or readjusted
- Relapse prevention techniques
- Insight-oriented therapy aimed at uncovering the underlying problems that lead to addiction
- Dialectical behavioral therapy aimed at giving clients the coping skills to manage the rocky terrain that recovery from emotional disability and addiction is.
- Support & Education for Family Members & Significant Others
Safe Landing adheres to the belief that, when a client learns to become deeply engaged in her life, when her bio-psycho-social spheres are all in working order, she is finally safe from relapse. Therefore, we offer not only one on one counseling as described above; we also offer a plethora of therapeutic interventions designed to help a client create and maintain meaning across a spectrum of activities.
Learn more by calling us today at ( 617) 461-9011.
Healing from Within
- Intimate Home & Family Setting
- Weekly Family/Client Support Update Calls from Executive Director
- Transportation to Treatment Related Appointments & Meetings
- Customized Eating and Shopping for Every Client
- Customized Treatment Groups Offered Dependent on the Population.
- Community Involvement
- Health Club Membership & Evaluation Available During Stay.
- Required Number of Structured Hours Outside the Program Monitored by Case Manager