Dual Diagnosis Approach
Aiding Women with Detailed & Compassionate Services
At Safe Landing, we never attempt to treat addiction as an isolated disease but rather as a manifestation of internal and external issues. Many of our clients have “co-occurring disorders,” meaning that they struggle not only with substance abuse but also with depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, borderline personality disorder, and a whole host of other mental health diagnoses. While most programs focus on substance abuse as if it occurs in a vacuum, we at Safe Landing believe that substance abuse is a symptom of a larger, deeper challenge. We support our clients in addressing these issues through a host of support modalities that are aimed at restoration and rehabilitation.
Residents can expect to receive the following one-on-one treatments:
- Initial Psychological Assessment: a full assessment aimed at uncovering the history of the problem, the mental health issues that fuel a client’s addiction, her psychosocial stressors, any medical issues that make sobriety a challenge, past treatments, and levels of success or failure, etc. The initial assessment aims to give a client accurate diagnoses out of which rises a clear and quantifiable support plan with goals truly tailored to the client and where she is at in her recovery.
- Substance Abuse Education
- Case Management: oversight of therapies to ensure that each resident’s goals are being met and/or readjusted when necessary
- Relapse Prevention Techniques
- Support & Education for Family Members & Significant Others
Safe Landing adheres to the belief that when a client learns to become deeply engaged in her life, when her bio-psycho-social spheres are all in working order, she is finally safe from relapse. Therefore, we offer not only one-on-one counseling as described above; we also offer a plethora of therapeutic interventions designed to help a client create and maintain meaning across a spectrum of activities.
Learn more by calling us today at ( 617) 461-9011